Body Image Issue

Any moms or mom-to-be who has body image issue? As a kid, I was made fun of for my weight so I don’t want to gain weight at all for my pregnancy (currently 15 weeks). I also dislike the look of being heavily pregnant so I’ve been tempted to get a corset to ensure I don’t start showing. Any one went through this and have any solution or advice? I don’t want the child to be unhealthy afterall 😕 #1stpregnacy #advice #advicepls

14 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

me, i had bad anxiety n almost fell into depression. ive always had body image issues whether pregnant or not n i wasnt super big size to begin with. i was about 49kg pre preggers n 65kg at the end, i cried everyday n hurt myself by burning my arm n thighs but i still ate n tried exercising abit as i did not want to harm my baby. now im 6mo postpartum n my body with exercise n bf is going back to my original weight but still about 6-7kg heavier, dont worry, the weight will go, so what if ure fat when pregnant? as long as baby is healthy all haters can go screw themself.

Read more
4y ago

yes i felt that way throughout my entire pregnancy, i’ve already struggled with depression n anxiety before i was pregnant n all that additional weight n changes to my body during pregnancy didnt make it better. im just really thankful for my bf n friend for always encouraging me. i was forced to abort twice by my parents n ex, that took a huge toll on my mental health as well.. so really, i dont regret having my little girl, for her ill live n id do it all over again if it means i get to wake up everyday to her smile. i hope u feel better soon n have a healthy n smooth pregnancy journey as well as a healthy baby. u can definitely get back your body post pregnancy n honestly just remember that people’s opinion dont matter