Is epidural suggested??!!

Hi Mommies, I'm gonna be a first-time mom soon. Due in a-month time. Despite being told about the unbearable labor pain, I'm still hesitating about having epidural, after reading several cases of mishaps. Could you please share with me how was your experience? Thanks so much!

28 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi Jessie, before delivery I told husband I don't want epidural. I can do it! But I surrender after the gynae (at KKH) insert his hand to burst my water bag. Lol... The gynae told me 'Madam, I will be coming in randomly to put my hand in to check your cervix'... I was like huh???!!!! Seriously??? But honestly I had no regrets. I admitted at 7am, delivered at about 2pm. I was able to talk to my husband, rest quite a bit before I delivered. Do decide early if you want epidural. Once the pain comes in, might be a bit too late. I have back pain issue now but I know it's not becoz of the side effect. It's becoz I stand too long and bent when changing baby diapers.

Read more
4y ago

I heard of that too. However my gynae told me it's not. I also realised that my back hurts only when I bend forward to change baby diapers. If I don't bent, I have no issues.