Choke

Is it only me or other mommies also has a a 30 months old babies who does not allow to let their baby eat grapes and other fruits/foods that has possibilities to be choke ... i dont allow my 30 months old baby to eat grapes ,almonds or anything that could make her choke ..Im afraid ??????

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Anybody could choke, even adults. But I think it’s important for our LOs at that age to be exposed to different food, especially if they’re healthy like fruits and nuts. When I first started, I gave my LO peeled grapes with the seeds removed and in small pieces. As her ability to chew and swallow improved, I gave her bigger pieces, and finally, the entire grape. For nuts, similarly, I started with very small pieces, then gradually allowed bigger pieces. It’s more important to remind the LOs to focus on chewing on the food and swallowing, and to avoid talking or doing other things while eating that could make it easier for them to choke. Lastly, learning first aid including the Heimlich manouvre for choking can equip you to help your LO (and other people too!) if they choke, and it also gives you peace of mind, so you can consider that:)

Read more