2nd tri but not much appetite still šŸ˜©

Hello! Iā€™m at week 16 now but still donā€™t really have appetite to eat all the nutritious food that are good for the baby. Things like fish and eggs are nono to me since 1st triā€¦ Is this normal? ā˜¹ļø I feel bad for my baby. #pleasehelp #firstbaby #pregnancy

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Itā€™s normal. However, did you try having it cooked in different ways. I didnā€™t like fish in my first trim. My mum and husband would cook in different ways and hoping Iā€™d eat one of them. Interestingly, I realised that when itā€™s fried and cover in dark sauce and onions, i like it. My mum also bought yellow tail fish, took out the fish meat, mixed with minced pork and made into fresh fishcake, and i ate it too. But steam fish is a big no. Grilled fish, hmm it depends, sometimes Iā€™m okay sometimes iā€™m not. But just keep trying. I think generally when thereā€™s a lot of sauce, i dont feel so resistant towards it. I still dont eat much fish, but itā€™s okay too. Just try to have a bit. šŸ˜Š Otherwise you can substitute with other proteins. Missing out on fish wont make your baby any less healthier either! So dont worry too much about it.

Read more

Itā€™s normal esp if u are still experiencing morning sickness. I am not even particularly hungrier in my third trimester but there are days I am hungrier than others. Just eat what you feel like so long as u get in a balanced diet.

Donā€™t need to specifically eat all the healthy foods. Just eat what you feel like. I only ate like 3-4 times of fish (I hate fish) thru out my entire pregnancy. Donā€™t stress, eat happy. Happy mummy = happy baby. šŸ„°

if you canā€™t eat fish etc, try and see if you can take dha supplements? fresh food is still the best but at least supplements can support