Co-sleeping

I’m still co-sleeping my 3 yr old daughter, I’m still planning to do it until she is 5 or maybe 7? My husband always asking when we will move her into other room and sleep in her own bed. Actually he wanted to let her sleep in her own room (alone) when she was 6 months old. I just feel ,,that she is not ready yet :( I still want to enjoy those sweet cuddles in the bed before she is not my little girl anymore.. i still want to hug her when i woke up in the middle of the night. I don’t know why i am crying right now, it is just makes me feel ready sad when i am thinking What if’s i’ll just do what my husband wants. How about you mommy’s out there , tips ? Relate? Disagree?

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

I think enjoying time with your little girl is really important, and I also think privacy and intimacy with your husband is really important. If your husband has made this request, it must be because he misses being alone with you. I would take his words quite seriously. Because I really love spending time with my daughter too, what I do is.. some days, after she wakes up and drinks her milk, I bring her to my bed and we play there (my daughter’s also 3yo). She rolls around, hugs me and laughs and we talk and take photos.. just me and her. It’s really fun and we take that time to bond. But during naps and bedtime, she sleeps in her own room. My husband and I make sure that she loves her room and cot, and she’s very happy to sleep on her own in her special place with her special friends (toys, etc). As a mum, you will always find new and creative ways to bond with and love your child, so don’t worry about having changes:) But the marriage is equally important, so you need to treasure that too ❤️

Read more
4y ago

Agreed! A good and intimate relationship between both parent is important to the kid too!