To induce or not to induce?

Im 39+3 today. At 39 weeks, gynae said my baby weight is 3.1kg & since im 147cm tall, it might get difficult to deliver naturally. She asked if i wanna induce but since im not dilated at all, labour will be 24 to 36 hours. I chose to wait 1 more week to see if my labour starts naturally. My next appt is in 2 days, im stressing out.. To induce or wait....

16 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

I’m 145 cm and was advised to induce at 37W3D as the estimated weight of my girl at 37W was 3.25 Kg. Same reason as yours was given to me - the baby might be too big for me to deliver vaginally if we waited till full term. I was induced at 37W3D using 2 tablets; however, after 12 hours, no dilation or contraction. We were given the option to try the 3rd tablet without any assurance if I will dilate or even if I dilate, will I be even able to push the baby. My Gynae recommended c-sect instead. I had emergency c-sect and saved me from any labour pains 😅

Read more