Covid vaccine

I’m 19 weeks plus pregnant . Is it advisable to get vaccinated since the government is implementing that all of us have to take. I’m working in a shopping mall how are we suppose to get both vaccine within few days. Anyone facing this problem is there any letter or anything to show the counter that we working inside the mall? Most important question Is the vaccine really safe for pregnant lady?

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

was advised that early studies showed that covid vaccine is harmless, however there are several unwarranted report from other countries saying that specific vaccine has caused miscarriages, the studies are also not sufficient enough to support fully safe or not. we pondered very long and decided not to take the vaccine first, because cases were low, just need to be super limited access to public and very strict sanitisation methods. now baby is given birth and healthy. will take the vaccine soon. stay safe. it's a choice both are risks. different people react differently to the vaccine.

Read more
Super Mum

Hey Emeliana, the gov is suppose to issue an advisory about your question before 13 Oct. Thereafter there will also be 1 week grace period to implement the measures. As for whether the vaccine is safe for pregnant women, studies have shown that it is. There has also been many women in Singapore who are vaccinated while pregnant and had very normal births. I personally would be more worried about contracting Covid while pregnant. It’s been shown that pregnant women actually suffer more severe symptoms than others.

Read more
3y ago

Mummy, my 2nd dose is only on this 25/10.. So for tomorrow, can I still go to shopping mall and hawker ctr and coffee shop..? TIA .. ❤️

My gynae said, “u want covid or covid vaccine?”. So i took both the doses alr. My gynae is a gangster. Haha. But i am glad she made me take it given that I can worry a little less abt catching covid easily. The anxiety of getting covid while pregnant prior to my gynae’s advice was intense, i was paranoid when touching surfaces and interacting with kids at work.

Read more

I’m fully vaccinated now at 16 weeks. My baby is ok and only had fever for a day. After panadol, I’m totally fine! Also I read that the antibodies will be passed onto the baby. So highly encouraged u to go for vaccination after consulting your doc. 😊 protect yourself and baby since we’re considered high risk.

Read more
3y ago

Thankyou so much cause at first I was considering doing the vaccine only at 3rd trimester when baby is fully developed. Knowing that at 16 weeks is safe I should not think negative

i just had my second dose last week. i'm at week 25. its advisable to take the vaccine since pregnant ladies are at higher risk.. i had my doubts at first but after a malaysian celebrity pass away from covid. i had a change of mine.

3y ago

i had a slight fever after my second dose. first dose no effects just sore arms. lasted for a day or two. baby is ok. active just like beforeeeeee.. 🥰

Fully vaccinated and currently in my late trimester already. I got vaccinated at 2nd trimester. Baby is active and cases are rising so highly encouraged u to go get the vaccines.

my gynae gave a go ahead when i was in the 2nd trimester. i got fully vaccinated at week 24. so far baby is still very active and not much side effects.

3y ago

Thankyou ! Will talk to the gynae tmr and see if I can go ahead with the vaccine

Gynae strongly advise me to go for vaccine due to the rising number of covid cases. Just took my 1st dose of vaccine yesterday at 15 weeks.

My doctor strongly suggest covid vaccine. it is safe to take unless you are told otherwise👍🏻

3y ago

Thank you for clearing my doubts. Will talk to my gynae before taking any action

Yes yes, foetus still very active at 34weeks, i I am fully vaxxed

3y ago

Thank you for clearing my doubts