I went back to work and currently pump 2-3 times a day ~ my output is only 40-50 ml for my first pump at 10.30am then 30ml at 3.30pm, sometimes I will pump at 8pm also around 30ml and sometimes I don't pump at all I will just latch lo ~ Lo is 4 months 2 weeks now,is there anything I could do to increase my supply ~

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

First drink plenty of water. Make sure to stay hydrated. Make sure you eat! While you are pumping, you will keep the weight off, I promise! It makes you hungry as a horse and it does that for a reason. You need the extra calories because you are burning so much off. Eat REAL oatmeal, not the instant. You can eat the quick oats (the ones that cook in 1 minute) or the old fashioned oats (that cook in 5 minutes). You can also make cookies that have oatmeal in them and get oatmeal that way (I prefer this way! Ha!). The way they process the instant oatmeal, it doesn't give you the same results. No one is sure how the oatmeal works but it does! Get some rest (yeah, I know easier said than done!) If you are exhausted and have the opportunity to take a nap (even if it pushes your pump back) do it! You will actually get more milk that way! Even if you're not sleeping, rest by sitting down a lot. Conserving energy is important. Don't stress too much. This all depends on how you personally handle stress. I tend to be a thinker, so I think things out a lot. It has to be some MAJOR stressful situation for it to hurt my supply. There is a tea called Mothers Milk Tea and it is supposed to increase your supply if you drink it. There are herbs like Fenugreek and also prescription medications that will increase your supply if you really need it. I would use these as a last resort but they can be effective and are available! Hang in there mommy!

Read more
8y ago

I drinking mother tea and fennel tea and also taking fenugreek ~