I was on oral contraceptive pills for 3 years and I have finally stopped. But in that window, it seems to have completely killed my desire for physical intimacy. I feel that my marriage is suffering because of lack of intimacy (from my side). What should I do?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

The fact that you realise that the pills are the cause of your problem is good. You know you still want to get intimate with your husband all the same. So talk it out with him and seek his support. At the same time relax a bit and focus on the moment than on the fact that you are not able to be intimate. Fantasize a little bit too.

Read more

Pills may alter hormones and its not your fault.. Don't be hard on yourself because soon it will wear off.. And since you are aware of it, it would be easier for you to help yourself in bringing back the fire between you and your husband.. Think of it like your first time :)

VIP Member

How has things been After stopping the birth control pill? It's good tht you recognise tht your marriage is being affected by it. That's the first step. Have you and hubby talked about it?