The Baby that We Didn't Have

I thought I would pen down my feelings here... Everything was going so smoothly for my wife until our second appt with the obgyn dr at 9 weeks pregnancy. We waited for our turn and normally we would do the transvaginal ultrasound for each visit. The nurse prepped my wife and waited for the Dr to start the procedure. After scanning for a while, her facial expression changed. Something was amiss. Normally, you would be seeing something flickering at the centre of the foetus. That would be the foetal heartbeat. It was quiet. Empty. Measuring the foetus, it is only 17.44mm and estimated 8 weeks old. The Dr pressed some dials and changed to Doppler setting showing red/blue colour indicating active blood flow. The Dr suggested that we do another scan for second opinion at the hospital the next day. We went back home and prayed to the Lord for a miracle. Second day came and we proceeded to the hospital for the second scan. We waited for about 1½h as we had no appt. This time, the sonographer did a transabdonimal ultrasound before a transvaginal ultrasound. Seeing the same picture on the monitor devastates me again. This time, the Prof came and take a look to confirm the missing foetal heartbeat. The thought of the baby gone is really heart-wrenching. No parents would want this to happen.

The Baby that We Didn't Have
18 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Last year, I had a miscarriage at 8 weeks too. After that I've been hearing how common it is. Thankfully, I'm 6 months pregnant now. Don't give up. Everything is in His time. May your heart be at ease soon 💓💓💓

Very sad to read this and so sorry for your loss.. May the Lord be your strength during this difficult time and know that the soul of your unborn baby is in a better place 🙏🏻

TapFluencer

No words can comfort you at this moment. But find comfort that there are many like you and me who had to go through this.

5y ago

I had 2 miscarriages in 1st trimester in last 2 years and finally now having my 3rd pregnancy in 2nd trimester. You will get there. Do not give up.

Stay strong, for yourself and your wife. Don’t give up and please take care!

VIP Member

Sorry to hear about your loss. Stay strong. Everything in God’s timing.

VIP Member

Very sad to hear this. Hope you can try to cope. Take good care.

Wishing the both of u the strength to overcome this loss... ❤

I'm sorry for your loss. :( Take care and stay strong

I'm really sorry for your loss! Stay strong, mummy!

Sorry about your loss. Hope things get better soon.