I sent my baby to infant care when she was 9 months old in July this year when I needed to return to work. Ever since she started infant care, she has been falling sick. Is like recovered then fall sick again, recovered then fall sick again. :( my childcare leave already used up. Dunno how. I've got bond at work so I gotta go back to work to clear my bond. Very heartbroken to see baby keep falling sick. Is it normal for baby to fall sick when they first enter infant care? How do u all cope? Especially working mommy. I have no other help. No mommy's help, no mother-in-law's help. :(

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Children does not have a complete immune system before age of five. During their first five years of life, they get their immunity from external e.g. Breastmilk, etc. Falling sick is a way they build their own immune system, it will get better when they are older, looking at the bright side. I know it is hard to work and care for a kid at the same especially you does not have any external help. I been through the same too for my firstborn. How about looking for a 1 to 1 nanny near your house if you are really worry and start the cc when he/she is slightly older?

Read more
8y ago

Had a bad experience with nanny before .. Find it hard to find a reliable one .. That is why :(