Jealous siblings

I have a newborn and his brother is two years apart. My elder child will find any opportunity to beat his younger brother whether the adults are around or not around. I have explained to him that the newborn is his brother and must care of him but maybe he is too young to understand. He will grab his younger brother's clothes, throw something at him and violent towards him. When will he understand and not to treat his brother that way. Is too dangerous to leave them alone even for a second.

14 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Maybe you can try asking the older brother to help out with chores. Such as bringing water to bathe / diapers for the baby / clothes to change. To get him involved. Also, make sure to spend time alone with him. Leave the newborn with someone else, for a good one hour. During that hour, make sure to give your full attention to your first son. To let him know that you still love and care for him. All the best! 😊

Read more
4y ago

My first son would in fact confiscate some of the brother's toiletries and make us chase from him back. He wont listen. Yup, we do spend time with him alone and tell him we love him.