I definitely need tips to climb up the corporate ladder and be a super mom so I can do justice to both my work and family..

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It is very tough to do both but is achievable. My children are cared by my mil and helper when I worked. I made sure I end work at 6pm daily so I can reach home to have bonding time with my young children. Once home, I took over the role of a mother. Play, teach and place them to bed daily. It is tiring but my children are young and need me. So, after they sleep, I spent some time with my husband watching tv before I continue to do my work. I said it can be achievable as I got promotion twice in 5 years with both my children. I didnt compromise anything but might be guilty as the time spent with my children are shorter as compared to work. I made sure I took leave to celebrate their birthdays in school and took leave to bring them out.

Read more

Well my ex-boss was a "Super Mom" - 3 kids, 2 maids, 2 side parents help to look after the kids. But it's really tough. She's on call from the big bosses like 24/7. See her replying emails at midnight. Go overseas also reply emails... For me, I cannot do it all. I feel I'm ok if my career goes slower now as my kids are more important. Had a good paying job with good title but quit recently to be sahm. Thinking about going back to work next year, but still in 2 minds as I know how tough it is to be thinking about the kids while I'm at work and when I reach home, I get too tired to play with the kids and get short tempered too.

Read more

Cliche.. but the best tip I've heard is "Don't aim to be supermom, just give your best for everything" Would definitely want to learn some practical tips to help juggle and excel in all aspects too!

VIP Member

Nobody is the best but everyone can always do their best. I believe if you put in your all on whatever you do, you will reaps what you sows.