Husband

My husband has been helping out a lot and very involved in our pregnancy. He cleans the house, does the laundry and wash the washrooms etc. However, I get very sensitive when he couldn’t pay attention to my dietary needs. Before pregnant, we didn’t have a fixed meal time. But now I am very particular about eating on time to provide for baby in the womb. I feel very tired that I’m always the one asking him what’s for lunch, what’s for dinner etc. I have spoken to him before and he tried. Often, he would order more food in advance and put them in the fridge. To him, he thinks that eating food a few hours long is fine. But to me it is not. Because I prefer to have freshly prepared food for our baby. I have talked to him before. But I am sick and tired of repeating myself every single time.

14 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

i have the same issue. my partner will buy food for me and if i cannot finish it, he will keep it in the fridge for me to eat later because he knows i will get hungry very quickly. but the thing is i dont wanna eat it anymore, i want something new and fresh to eat. although it angers me when he doesnt understand, i try my best to be patient because most of the time its my hormones that making me extra princessy while hes already doing his best to make this pregnancy comfortable and easy for me. all i do is shake leg at home and sleep while he goes out to work, does 99% of the chores and buys food. only when im not tired then i will cook and help him wash the dishes. we need to understand that our pregnancy also sometimes affects our husbands but in a different way so we cannot always feel so entitled to having things going our way all the time.

Read more