Finland Etias by Esi Jaakko Esi - Book Overview

https://es.ivisa.com/finland-etias "Finnish Etias is a fast-paced thriller set in post-World War II Finland which follows the trials and tribulations of a bunch of young guys trying to make it in this tumultuous, yet relatively secure, environment. Even though Finland as a country might not seem to be an ideal place to learn martial arts, '' the narrative of Etias, his pals, and the country's tumultuous instances are made more interesting with the addition of this unique tradition of Finland." What makes this book so great is that the writer, Esi Jaakko Esi. While I'm not a lot of martial arts enthusiast, I have read a lot of fiction and I really enjoy reading books using a martial arts theme. A little bit about myself; I started training when I was twelve years old since it seemed a great deal of fun. I had never thought that martial arts would be popular in the United States, but over timeI understood that a great many men and women have begun to get into them due to the film"Rocky Balboa"The Karate Kid". The novel begins with Etias being asked by a friend if he'd teach a class. He states he can do this and is very excited. 1 day, he meets his buddy Mika (who later becomes the mother figure to among Etias' friends), who's also interested in learning martial arts. After seeing her in action, Etias decides to help her learn martial arts to be a teacher. They go to train for 2 weeks using a teacher, who is a well-known pro. Throughout their training, Mika gets in touch with her previous boyfriend, Tom, who asserts he is dying from cancer. Mika tells Etias she knows he can save him in doing this, they eventually become friends. But the following daythey find out that Tom has died and they find that Tom was actually working as an assassin. Tom is dead and they find that Tom is now a wanted man, since the assassin who killed him is still at large. They have to look for a means to grab the assassin before matters get worse. When they eventually catch up to him, Etias and Mika must work together to save the life of Tom's son, Tomiko. Even though Tomiko may not know what he did, Mika is convinced that Tom is innocent. The book has quite a unique premise and storyline that draws you into it and makes you care about what happens to Etias and Mika. I don't think that many people who have not read a martial arts publication would enjoy this one as much. As I did, and ended up reading it in three days.

profile icon
Write a reply
Be the first to reply