How much screen time is too much for children?

13 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I think around 2-3 hours for the screen time. Too much screen time can: 1)Make it hard for your child to sleep at night 2)Raise your child's risk of attention problems, anxiety, and depression Raise your child's risk of gaining too much weight (obesity). Thus , it is not recommended too much screen time

Read more

I believe 2-3 hours is the max kids should be in front of the screens as it has a lot of effect of eyes. Not only this, they shall be asked to sit at a distance from the screen as well to lessen the harm of the radiations on eyes.

I guess, one hour is enough, and one should set that hour. Let her see screen time be during her dinner or after or in the evening. My kid's screen time is limited to one hour and it is close to dinner time.

Well that firstly depends on the age of the child. If your child is school going i i would restrict my child to no more than 1 - 1.5 hours of screen time a day with breaks in between.

I think the maximum would be 2 hours. I wouldn't let my child have more than 2 hours of constant screen time. There has to be a break in between.

Depends on the age of the child. For toddlers, more than 1 hour is too much. But for toddlers and older kids, 2-3 hours should be fine.

4y ago

0 under 2 year Old. 2 hours between 2-5 year old. 3 hour 5-13 years old.

VIP Member

4hrs continuously. Even I feel bad when I do it myself lol

1 to 2 hr a day with breaks.

VIP Member

More than an hr...

Super Mum

More than an hour