Infant care

How many of you actually put your baby in infant care? I going back to work next week and baby is going to infant care. Feel v sad but no choice... no 1 to take care of him... hopefully he will be fine. He merely 3 months..

13 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I put my babygirl in IFC since she was 4 months old. The first few weeks were tough. Rejected bottle, refused to nap, and always cranky (cried murder sometimes). Took about more than a month to adapt. Luckily I took extended leave so I can get used to the routine too. Will fall sick many times too due to low immune system and had one mishap in IFC. But all is well. Just need to put your trust & faith in the teachers and caregivers. On a brighter note, baby gets to socialize with other babies. Nothing beats the smile on their faces when you fetch them back :)

Read more

don't worry he will fit into childcare well if he starts off at ifc. my 2 kids went to ifc (1st one at 12 months and 2nd one at 5mths).younger one had no problem adjusting now already 16 mths.and loves going to sch. ifc has many activities for them and 2nd one understands and starts to communicate much faster than 1st one! but yes will get sick more so just have to take leave because no one else help to take care

Read more

my baby started ifc at 6mths old, and has been going for 2 mths so far. to be frank, i think the baby adapts better than us. for the 1st 2 wks, we pick him up earlier, and gradually longer hours. i still feel a little sad every morning as i send him to ifc, and wish to be there for every smile he flashes, but have to face up to reality that I have to get to work.

Read more
3y ago

Yup. No choice. Living standard here is high.

sent him when he was 2 months, it’s very gekxim but no choice. ifc also better as the teachers will help them with their skills etc but if bb put at home most likely will just leave there and let him/her play themselves. i know for sparkletots they let parents to follow for the first few days so bb will get used to it. don’t worry!

Read more
3y ago

Ya. This is why I actually prefer infant than nanny

My girl goes to ifc at 5mo. Babies adapt very fast. And usually the parents are the one that feel sad initially. Help ur baby to slowly transit to ifc by slowly lengthening the time at ifc. My girl is almost 1yo now. She’s happy in sch and I can see she likes her teachers (she will lean forward for them to carry her).

Read more
3y ago

Yes, like so poor thing. So small need to go infant care. 😭 hopefully he will enjoy.

VIP Member

me. i placed my first born when he was 8mo. it was slightly harder coz he can recognized the surroundings so it took him almost a month or so to get use to it. the teachers were saying the babies will adapt faster if u send them in earlier around 4mo.

I placed my girl in infant care when she was abt 3 mths old. To make things worst, she rejects bottle. But the teachers were very kind and patient with her. She actually enjoys it cause she get to play with other babies too.

VIP Member

I have a lot of friend who does that as no one to help them and they really need to work. Hope you feel better mummy! I believe baby will give us their support!

🙋🏻‍♀️ my baby started ifc last week at 3mths+. I was worried at first but he seems to adapt well. Yours will be fine!

3y ago

The Teachers will let him do tummy time, learn to grab and rattle toys etc. I feel that it’s much better than I let him stay at home 😆

TapFluencer

im sending my soon 4mths old baby to ifc next month, kinda feel sad alr 😭hope she adapt well and have fun there.

3y ago

hugs....i feel you too mummy..my baby is also startung ifc next month :(