How harmful is it for kids to witness their parents fighting?

35 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Witnessing their parents fighting can be harmful to children, and the extent of the harm can vary depending on the frequency, intensity, and context of the conflicts. Here are some potential negative impacts: Emotional distress: Children may experience emotional distress, anxiety, fear, or sadness when they witness their parents fighting. Frequent exposure to conflict can create a tense and unstable home environment, leading to emotional turmoil. Behavioral issues: Children may exhibit behavioral problems such as aggression, defiance, or withdrawal as a response to witnessing parental conflicts. They may also have trouble concentrating in school or engaging in social activities. Insecurity and fear: Witnessing parental fights can make children feel unsafe and insecure. They may worry about their parents' well-being and the stability of their family. Impaired parent-child relationships: Prolonged exposure to conflict can affect the parent-child relationship. Children may become distant from their parents or develop negative feelings toward them. Impact on future relationships: Children may learn unhealthy communication and conflict-resolution patterns from their parents, affecting their own relationships later in life. Physical health issues: Chronic stress from witnessing parental conflict can have physical health implications for children, such as headaches, stomachaches, and sleep disturbances. Academic performance: Children may struggle with school performance due to the emotional toll of parental conflicts, leading to difficulties concentrating and learning. Guilt and self-blame: Children might feel guilty or blame themselves for their parents' fights, even if the conflicts are unrelated to them. It's essential for parents to be aware of the potential impact of their conflicts on their children and take steps to mitigate the harm: https://y2mate.chat Create a positive environment: Strive to maintain a supportive and loving atmosphere at home, emphasizing healthy communication and conflict resolution. Communicate openly with children: If conflicts occur, try to talk to your children about it in an age-appropriate and reassuring manner, letting them know that it's not their fault. Seek help if needed: If you find that conflicts are becoming overwhelming or difficult to manage, consider seeking professional help through counseling or therapy. Reduce exposure to conflicts: If possible, try to avoid exposing children to intense or frequent fights. Having disagreements away from the children can be beneficial. Overall, minimizing conflicts and providing a stable and nurturing environment can help protect children from the harmful effects of witnessing parental fights.

Read more

Kids are great imitators of what happened to their surroundings they adopt it. my husband and I don't fight in front of my daughter as a result of what I observed she is a happy kid with confidence, behaves well and is respectful with others. I have a friend who always shouts with each other and fights even in front of us. Their kids have bad behaviour, bad temper, whine about over small things, attention seek and shout. We decided not to come to the party when we know all of her family is present, especially his husband. She's aware that most of our friends don't like it. She ends up going to the gathering alone or with only one kid. My husband does not like our daughter playing with her kids because they usually push other kids, curse or shout. There is an incident in which they are shouting at each other suddenly the one kid from another parent asked her why they are always shouting at each other why you always mad. I think she feels embarrassed receiving that comment from another kid. My daughter at that time is still not yet conversational and she is not exposed to this kind of environment she ended up just staying on my lap because she was afraid of my friend.

Read more

My parents fought so much and it was scary, we would cry and he was violent so we worried he was gonna kill her, as I got older I learned it's not right and it needed to stop, my mom has surgery and he started hitting in her, I ran and cut them off and yelled at him to leave, I was 14. I'm 27 and have broken up so many abusive situations, have saved people by opening my home and if anyone dared to come on my property with intent to hard, I would have a gun in one hand and my phone calling the police in another. A man layed his hand on me and I grabbed anything I found hard and went for his knee cap. it can cause alot of fear, some will think it's normal and stay in situations like that, others like myself learned from it, im married to an amazing man that has not and won't ever lay a hand on me, but when we have a little argument i tense up, he sees this and goes, im sorry please don't worry I would never harm you. we have two kids and manage to always go in a different room and speak it out and try to keep it cool, their will always be arguments in a relationship, but should never be a normal thing.

Read more

BITCOIN RECOVERY IS REAL!!! ( MorrisGray830 At gmail Dot Com, is the man for the job ) This man is dedicated to his work and you can trust him more than yourself. I contacted him a year and a half Ago and he didn't succeed. when i got ripped of $491,000 worth of bitcoins by scammers, I tried several recovery programs with no success too. I kept on. And now after so much time Mr Morris Gray contacted me with a success, and the reward he took was small because obviously he is doing this because he wants to help persons like me who fell for crypto scam, and love his job. Of course he could have taken all the coins and not tell me , I was not syncing this wallet for a year, but he didn't. He is the MAN guys , He is! If you have been a victim of crypto scam before you can trust Morris Gray 10000000%. I thought there were no such good genuine guys anymore on earth, but Mr Morris Gray brought my trust to humanity again. GOD bless you sir...you can reach him via ( MORRIS GRAY 830 at Gmaill dot com ) or Whatsapp +1 (607)698-0239..

Read more

Online investment can be so hectic and unpredictable from getting scammed from unreliable sources I got scammed of $248,000 of BTC I was devastated and upset and I felt like I lost it all until I was referred to Lord Hacker Ultimate, at first I was skeptical because of my past scam experience but I decided to try it out since I was referred by a trusted friend and I'd already lost a lot of money. I contacted Lord Hacker Ultimate through [email protected] and their Website: (lordhackerultimate.wixsite.com/lordhackerultimate). And contrary to my belief they were able to recover all my lost funds, surprisingly I was fully refunded my $248,000 in full even though they charged for their service it was worth while, if you are out there and have been scammed of your hard earned money just contact ,Lord Hacker Ultimate and they will be able to assist you to recover back what you've lost. Lord Hacker Ultimate is effective and reliable, I can attest to this

Read more

UPGRADE YOUR CREDIT SCORE!!! NO UPFRONT FEES You need to be careful out there with who you get to trust with your credentials to help you fix your credit , most of them will try to give you the best deals just for them to get your details and use it against you later on , I was unlucky the very first time I tried to work with a credit hacker and ever since then I was careful enough and finally got my credit report fixed and same goes with my credit score with the aid of (Jaketechcreditfix at gmail dot com) and can do the same for you if you reach out to him through email , very responsive and trustworthy .

Read more

One of the best hackers out there now [email protected], They can help with low credit scores, spy on your spouses to know if they are cheating, clear bad criminal record (databased)...... Just name it any kind of hack you want to think of they can break the code and get the job done, they are reliable, thrust worthy and they deliver right on time, the kind of job they carried for me private and the best part of it all your secret is save with them, you can chat with them via whatsapp +14106350697 and the rest will be history trust me.

Read more

Hey guys, I was able to retrieve my psn gaming account after 2 months of being unable to login. My account was stolen and i had a lot of funds and history on my account and couldnt just let it go, So i decided to contact a hacker for help. I gave him my information and to my surprise he got back my gaming account in 48 hours. I also gave him other jobs like hacking into my girlfriend phone to catch her cheating and he always came through. contact (A C E T E A M H A C K E R S at G MAIL . C O M) if you also need to hack into any gaming account.

Read more
TapFluencer

Trauma yan. Naranasan ko na yun noong bata ako kaya lagi ko nireremind asawa ko na wag nya awayin parents nya sa harapan ng mga anak namin kasi baka pag kami naman tumanda e ibalik sa kanya ng mga anak ko ang nakita nila. Kala nyo kami nag aaway noh 😅 hindi ko na kayang makipag away sa asawa ko kasi pagod na ako mag alaga sa mga bata kung may hindi kami napagkakasunduan naguusap na lang kami o kaya sa text na lang kami nagsasabihan at least may chance dun na magisip muna ng salitang sasabihin bago isend.

Read more

Government Database System..Email ( [email protected] ) We Produce Passports,Drivers Licenses,ID Cards,Birth Certificates,Diplomas,Visas,SSN,Marriage Certificates,Divorce Papers,US Green Cards,University Degrees,Counterfeit Money,SSD Chemical Solution And Activation Powder Used For Cleaning Coated Black Money, And Other Documents Cloned cards, Resident fullz and dumps For A Number Of Countries Whatsapp( +237.675094470 ) Email ( [email protected] ) TEXT/call ( +1586.913.1199 )

Read more
Post reply image