Recommendation on affordable Gynae clinic and what is roughly the cost?

Hi, Its my first pregnancy. Im still in 1st trimester and has no idea which gynae clinic to go? I need a female gynae. Does public hospital allow me to have a female gynae? If its not hospital which female gynae would you recommend and how much roughly the first appointment cost and which hospital does the gynae able to do the delivery? Thank you !

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I’m going through government subsidised route currently with KKH. You might be able to specify with the counter staff that you prefer a female doctor. If you’re also taking the subsidy route, you won’t be able to choose your doctors. Consultation for non-subsidy patients can be $120-300 depending on doctor’s seniority and which hospital you’re looking at.

Read more
1y ago

Yeah many people do that to save on costs for the tests.

If you go by the subsidy route then you won’t be able to choose the doc. You will get whoever that is assigned to you that day. I find that male gynaes are better than female gynaes.

why wouldn’t public hospital allow you to have female gynae? there are so many female gynaes in public hospitals.