Stop loving my husband

Ever since baby was born, I was so busy and tired taking care of baby. Husband is around to help, however I still feels that I am doing alot. I had to bath her because daddy dare not bath her. When I change her diapers, he feels that it's not necessary because diaper is not full yet. Baby doesn't like husband to carry her at times, especially when she is cranky. When he carrys her, he won't help with other chores. When my milk supply dropped, he kept asking me to pump more, feed more hoping my supply will increase. I am so tired. I had to ask him to help with housework or else he will sit there and do nothing. Husband & I stop having sex when we found out that I was pregnant. We wanted baby to be safe. Baby is 5months old now & I don't feel like being intimate with him. Is this normal? At times I wonder if I still love him.

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Yes. Postnatal hormones can make people feel crazy. The added load of motherhood can easily make one sink into self pity. But it will get better. Try to think in your husband shoes and spend couple time together when baby is asleep. Get some help from people to care for baby, even if it's a short well. And lower your expectations of how things should be. Take care.

Read more