Have you played a board game with your partner/children?

Do you enjoy playing board games with your family?

8 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

Sometimes, as parents of three boys, we get together for a game night; other times we play a game together with them. When we play games together, it’s easy to make assumptions about things like how the kids will react, or what they’ll want to do. https://alvapc.co.uk/product-category/pc-components/hdd/ We usually don’t notice whether our kids are playing an abstract or an action game; both are equally fun, but one is easier to talk around and the other requires more attention. Another example: We were recently in New Zealand and on a hike we came across a small stream that was running fast and strong. After dropping our two young ones off at the park and heading out on our own trek, I realized that I hadn’t actually played with my spouse in a while. So I dropped her off at the park and started down the trail – it was not too difficult for her (she had been on this hike with us before); but when I hiked back up to join her at the top of the trail she was surprised and surprised by what she found: four of her children standing behind me! This is probably an issue for most people who have played board games with their partner – it can be hard to remember that there are people who don’t fit into your family rules of engagement. This can show up in many ways from not being invited over for dinner (not really your problem), to being excluded from conversation about “adult things” (not really your problem). How can you get better at remembering if your partner doesn’t fit into your family rules? One strategy is putting yourself in someone else’s shoes – this is something I try to do in my life all the time – if you want to be more empathetic toward another person you need experience allowing you to learn how they see things differently than you do. It takes practice, but once you get comfortable with this technique it becomes natural; also, as long as you are practicing, it should help when social situations come up where you feel as though they would be inappropriate. This one works especially well when playing games with others from different backgrounds – especially if their background is different than yours!

Magbasa pa