my current husband has a 15 year old son from his previous marriage and we live together. i also have 2 kids with my current husband, who are 6 and 10. we have a big event coming up in the family and i want to feel my partner's son feel important and take some duties. how can i keep him involved?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

it's so nice of you to be concerned about how you can make your partner's son feel more involved. i think you can start by asking him about the event and how he feels it should be done. ask him about specific aspects, such as decoration, guest list, food, music and so on. if it is appropriate, you can ask him to create the music playlist and take charge of it. this will show him that you take him seriously and are open to give him responsibility.

Read more

you could start by asking him to suggest about the dress ideas for your husband and the boys of the family, including him and your other son. you can also ask him to plan a food counter that can cater to the event. arranging the music is also a good idea as teens usually love anything to do with music.

Read more