Breastfeed

Hi 👋🏻 Any breastfeeding mama here?🤱🏻 I have a few questions regarding breastfeeding and please correct me if I am wrong 🙏🏻 I'm still new to breastfeed thingy 😅 1. How many times do you breastfeed in a day? 2. How long can breastmilk last in room temperature? I heard that it can last up to 4 hours, is it true? 3. I prefer pumping than latching because my newborn doesn't know how to latch properly and I'll end up bleeding a little unless if it's an emergency and no time to pump then I'll let him latch while I'm baring the pain. How many times do you pump and do you store it? How? Explain because I never store my milk before. 4. My milk is overflow... other than breast pads, how do you prevent too much leakage especially when you're outside? 5. How long do you breastfeed? I plan to stop when newborn reaches 2 years old. 6. My newborn poo every feedings. Yellowish bowel, normal?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

1. breastfeed on demand - follow baby's cue 2. yes but do a smell & taste test before offering it to baby 3. perhaps see a lactation consultant if you want to continue latching. they can guide you on how to correct baby's latching. i used to pump every 3 hours on top of direct latching (i have low supply). if you're giving the expressed bm to baby say the next day, just keep it in the fridge - it's ok to keep up to 3 days. i keep it furtherst away from the fridge door and near the back of the fridge. if you have extra or building up a stash, store in the freezer (using bm storage bags save space) 4. i used breast pads only..but i dont have overflowing issues 😅 5. my LO is 16mo now but no signs of weaning - I'll breastfeed her as long as ahe wants. we've started giving her all other types of milk though since ahw turned 1yo😅fresh milk, uht milk, goat's milk, formula milk... 6. yup normal for newborn

Read more