Adults decision

Hello Me and my boyfriend told our respective families and my family suggested that I am to abort due to both of family unable to support both of us and would be the only one taking care of the child. I am 12 weeks in and I feel sad cause I have no choice as I have to abort it. I was told if I give birth not only would I suffer, both my boyfriend and the baby will suffer. Due to lack of support financially. We yet to get married or get a house because it happened all of the sudden. Would there be other solutions that allows me to give birth or would it really be a better choice to really follow what the adults mentioned - abortion?

25 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

this is a really late reply, but I hope you are coping well. I understand this must be a really tough period for you, being forced to give up a part of you that you do dearly want to keep.. but perhaps I can share from another viewpoint. I have a family member who gave birth at the age of 15, she was a strong and loving person, however after the child was born, things just did not work out for her partner and her. being a single mother is tough, but she got along. however, it can't be helped that she wasnt able to devote as much attention (and also as she was really young, perhaps not as clear about parenting) to the child amidst work and life commitments. the child grew up healthy and all, but in terms of character I always felt that if the child has be guided better in his younger years, he would have turn out even better now. he's not a bad boy, just socially a bit awkward and not as good at making priorities (studies, handling family matters, life decisions etc) These are times I always feel bad for the child, because it's not that the child doesn't has potential, but that the mother was not able to devote more time to develop the child's potential and guide him in life. not the fault of the mum as well, as I can see her giving her best already, but there's really just so much that one can do juggling life and all. that's why there's a saying that it takes a village to raise a child. hence if your family, and perhaps yourself slightly, really am not sure if you are at the right stage, mentally and financially, to raise a child, it's not a bad thing to go for adoption. it may means giving your child a better chance at life. it's a tough decision to made, but I hope that you can feel better knowing that she did not give up the child because u don't want your baby, but because you want you baby to have better. I believe you are a loving mum that wish the best for your baby, don't let the other comments make u think otherwise. all the best, and may you have a smooth pregnancy

Read more