Adults decision

Hello Me and my boyfriend told our respective families and my family suggested that I am to abort due to both of family unable to support both of us and would be the only one taking care of the child. I am 12 weeks in and I feel sad cause I have no choice as I have to abort it. I was told if I give birth not only would I suffer, both my boyfriend and the baby will suffer. Due to lack of support financially. We yet to get married or get a house because it happened all of the sudden. Would there be other solutions that allows me to give birth or would it really be a better choice to really follow what the adults mentioned - abortion?

25 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hello everybody, I am the anon of this post. I would just like to state that I was forced for abortion both by the boyfriend and my family. Abortion have never been in my list after I was 'convinced' by my boyfriend he will be responsible and wants to keep the child. However, things changed. I have to take 1.5 months - 2 month to convince him and even leave him to tell him I will be a single mother even if I have to to just keep the child. I honestly didn't mind working the hell out of myself to keep the child all to myself and take care of it - being a single mother. However, I was still forced by my family. After knowing I totally have no choice, I did look for financial aids as well as adoption services. It took me long to also convince my family I want to give birth.. And to send my baby up for adoption. It hurts me a lot to know that I wouldn't be able to see the milestones of my child and have it by my side after giving birth. I wish the remaining people here who wants to leave a comment would stop bashing me without knowing my side of story. Thank you.

Read more
3y ago

instead of going through the adoptiom route, maybe you can consider fostering instead. when you're stable and financially ready to take your child back, you can discuss this with your liasing officer. you can contact fostering services or NAVH under MSF for assistance. you can also approach your nearest family service centre for advise. may everything goes smoothely for you dear. 💙💙