Babysitters or day care? Which one in better for your kid?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

I actually placed a deposit in infant care for my daughter, but my father has expressed his willingness to look after my daughter for as long as I require. I've just placed her on the waiting list for the toddler class in another child care nearer to my house which starts at 18 months. The main reason is because at 18 months, she should be able to express herself and I'll know if she is being mistreated. I was taken care of by a babysitter until I was 3 years old, but I would prefer to place my child in infant care. This is because there is a curriculum and structure and my child will be able to interact with many peers her age. It will help to develop her social skills. Also, most babysitters end up placing the child in front of the television when they run out of activities to do.

Read more

When baby is young, babysitter is a better option as there is a one-to-one attention, which is important as young baby needs more attention where major development milestones such as crawling and walking are happening in the first year. After 18 months, when the child has a stronger immune system, you can consider to send him/her to childcare. Both options have its own pros and cons. It depends on how comfortable you are. Some parents prefer to put in infant care as they feel hard to find a good nanny. Some people feel that it is not necessary to send child to childcare so early and thus prefer to let nanny take care till older.

Read more

thanks