Introduction Solid

my baby is currently 4 months old & I’m planning to start on giving her solid food soon!! But not sure what to start with & how to start introducing solid food for her😅 any recommendations? #firstbaby #pleasehelp

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My baby is 4 mths too and PD just gave the green light to start with rice cereal. The clinic gave me Cerelac samples and I mix it with breastmilk. Start with just a small amt with more breastmilk (very diluted, almost like milk alone) and subsequently reduces the breastmilk portion. I also started to let my baby suck on some fruits like pear, apple, watermelon, sweet tangerines, cherry, dates and grapes. I was hesitant with this at first but both my mom and MIL were so eager to give him which was quite a surprise as I thought the older generation would be more 'pantang' and not give solids so early. But anw PD actually also encourages it and indeed baby seems to love the fruits more than the cereal. At this age, it's more of introducing the taste to them first so u can try giving just before the next feed.

Read more