Ask the Expert: Ideas to keep your kids engage this May holidays

As the May holidays have begun, are you looking for ways to keep the kids busy? ? We got you covered with an Ask the Expert Session, as we have Amutha Saravanan: Chief Operating Officer and Co-founder of Da Vinci Group and KlayKit®. She will be answering all your questions on ways to keep your kids engage during this May holidays! So start asking those burning questions you have for her ? Topic: Keeping your children engaged amidst this uncertain COVID-19 period Date: Thursday, 14 May 2020 Time: 8.30 to 9.30pm

Ask the Expert: Ideas to keep your kids engage this May holidays
18 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

How do I engage my children for a few hours at a go?

4y ago

Hello there! A couple of mediums are winners in this - water and clay! I have known this to work for children from 18 months onwards. For water, set up a safe space for your child to play with it in a little tupperware or container - depending on age, they will fascinate themselves on how water can 'change' in terms of shapes and size. You can then intermittently introduce other elements like their toy dinosaurs or other small objects to have a little bath. :) Another idea is to freeze their small toys in a tub of water and give them a safe object to chisel away the ice. For clay, because of its ever changing texture, children are usually engaged for an hour at least. Extend this by giving them different tools to explore clay with or make something. If you need access to safe clay for children, you can pick it up here: www.klaykit.com. :)