post natal emotions

Apparently, my 20 days old bby cried murder the whole night yesterday. Im a ftm. My mum help me with my confinment and take care of bby in the day time and go back home when hub reaches home at 7.30pm. 15mins from the time mum went off till 10pm bby didnt stop crying. Milk given, diapers checked, swaddle done, burped ok, cradle him, hug and cradle, tried every way, so basically all checked out ok. I started crying uncontrollably, overwhelmed with the situation as it nvr happened. I thought i was a bad mum, not knowing what bby wants and what he needs. After hub saw what i was going thru, he called hismum and my mum over. Bby was crying till 1am. I was still so emotional ,not knowing what bby needs/wants. How do u overcome this similar situation? Do u feel that u weren't good enough?

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My baby is also 20 days old. Same situation. Can't put her down to sleep especially when its at night. Ended up carrying her and she fell asleep. Maybe sometimes they just want to be close to you and not left alone. Be strong mummy! Don't overthink too much. I always take deep breaths and calm myself and not let any negative thoughts come to me. We can do this! It's a phase and it'll go away.

Read more
5y ago

Baby was cranky even when i carry him. Even started kicking and i was just afraid that i will drop him.