Thoughts on Cord Blood Storage

Anyone got their child's cord-blood stored? Can you share which service you used and how was the experience? (i.e. paperwork, cost, etc)

20 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi. We got in touch with Cordlife. It was a promotion of sorts, so we got it for around 5k. The paperwork was easy and we got the kit delivered. We also told the doctor. We took it to the hospital and called a number provided as my wife entered the OT. Someone came and collected the kit afterwards. There are a few things you should check: .Duration of storage .Costs involved while making a withdrawal .Do they deliver worldwide .Where are they storing? Do they have their own storage? .What happens if the company closes Compare a few and try and negotiate. They often are willing to drop the price a bit! Hope this helps.

Read more

we went thru public SCBB. SCBB staffs went arnd the kkh clinics and we agreed to it and was told to fill up a form. during delivery, pass the envelope given by the SCBB staff to midwife I/C. scbb is free unless otherwise. i forgot what i chose. but the form will state everything. i was informed that you can do thru online too,but i prefer f2f for any doubts as if theres any mistake online, you have to ammend it and waste alot of time.

Read more

We choose Cordlife too. We store both the cord blood and cord lining. Can use baby's CDA to pay so hubby and i thought why not, one will never know when he/she will need it especially when there're more and more different kinds of weird viruses coming out. U can contact one of their agent tru their website and they'll meet u and wifey out to explain everything in detail :)

Read more

If you have the financial means to buy it, then buy it to have a good backup plan for Baby. If you don't have the financial means to buy it, suggest don't buy it. Because chances to use it is really very low. Rather you save that amount of money and spend on other things for Baby.

VIP Member

🙋🏻‍♀️ we are choosing between Cordlife & Stemcord. End up we stored from Stemcord. Paperwork is easy. You can use your CDA to pay. Total of $9k+.

I’m using CordLife as I think it’s good to have it ready for use if and when I need it. If you donate it, you cannot confirm get a match when u need it.

The probability of using it is extremely slim. Do read the q&a from SCB website to understand it further. Best is to donate it.

VIP Member

I didnt! U can find out more at the fair!! I think its quite worth to do so if u are financially stable

I skipped it, because the cost is too expensive whereas the chance of using it is really too low.

VIP Member

In Singapore you have four choices Cyroviva, stemcord, Cordlife or public cord blood bank

4y ago

The public cord blood bank is donation, not cord blood banking.