Any mummies here have their LO fail their OAE hearing test and also the ABR/ASSR tests? Care to share?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

This is taken from the Singhealth article: For the OAE, a small ear probe is placed at the opening of your baby’s ears. The instrument makes clicking sounds and the probe listens to the responses (echoes) from the baby’s ears. For the AABR, three Jelly TabTM sensors are applied to the head. A soft earphone delivering clicking sounds will evoke responses from your baby which will be recorded by the instrument. The staff will inform you of the result after the test. Hope this helps!! For more information on the different types of hearing test, this Singhealth article is quite informative: https://www.singhealth.com.sg/PatientCare/ConditionsAndTreatments/Pages/Hearing-Tests.aspx

Read more

I have a friend whose baby failed the OAE hearing test twice. Waiting for the third retest. Her baby seemed to respond to sound (she will turn her head to the source of any noise) so my friend is waiting to see what her doctor will say. Hang in there.. I know it can be worrying but just see what the doctor says.

Read more
2y ago

hello. how is the LO now?