Stomach tightening below chest

17 June, time of post; 5:30pm. Has anyone experienced extreme stomach tightening and vomiting right below your chest till you can hardly breathe? I just had a stomach tightening attack that lasted almost an hour (started at 4pm) and it felt like I was going to die if that’s what death feels like. It was so bad, so so bad that my back started to ache. The feeling is like you’ve just had a big meal and then you go for a marathon immediately. That sick, tightening, out-of-breath feeling. I couldn’t breathe normally, my chest and right below my chest felt so tight and painful. At first I was curled up on my bed trying to tahan the pain but then it got worse and I could barely stood up straight let alone walk, so I was bending over and literally crouching up to my mother’s room and told her my stomach hurts and right immediately I threw up my lunch in her toilet. I had to kneel in front of the toilet bowl as I didn’t want to further clog up the sink. Was so close to calling the ambulance because the pain was accompanied with a panic attack as I couldn’t breathe properly and terrified for my 22 week old baby girl. After much coaxing and rubbing my tummy, the pain gradually disappeared. I don’t know what it was. Has anyone ever encountered this before? Doesn’t seem like Braxton Hicks as it was for a good 45 minutes long. Still monitoring now.

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

That sounds like what a contraction during labour feels like. I suggest that if it happens again, or if you have any symptoms like bleeding, please go to the hospital okay?